Out Of Stock
- Brand: Kitchen king
- Ships & Sold By: Desi Basket
- Ships From: NJ, USA
- Arrives: Between Tue 7/14 and Fri 7/17
- Shipping Offer: Flat Shipping $4.99 & Free Shipping Over $25
- Ships To: All over USA including AK, HI, PR, VI & GU!
|Note: HTML is not translated!||
Notify me by email after this is question answered
|Note: HTML is not translated!|
Kitchen King Extra Large Basmati Rice
What is the Glycemic Index of food?
The Glycemic Index (GI) is a scale that ranks carbohydrate-rich foods by how much they raise blood glucose levels compared to a standard food. The standard food is glucose or white bread.
Why should I eat foods with a low Glycemic Index?
Eating foods with a low Glycemic Index may help you to:
- Control your blood glucose level
- Control your cholesterol level
- Control your appetite
- Lower your risk of developing heart disease
- Lower your risk of developing type 2 diabetes
Use these meal planning ideas to include the Glycemic Index as part of healthy eating.
- Enjoy vegetables, most fruits and low-fat milk products with your meals. These are carbohydrate-rich foods that, in general, have low glycemic index.
- Plan your meals with foods in the low and medium glycemic index starch choices on the list that follow.
- Try foods such as barley, bulgur, or lentils, which have a low glycemic index.
- Consult a registered dietician for help with choosing low GI foods, adapting recipes, and other ways to incorporate low GI foods in your meal plan.
If I eat foods with a low glycemic index can I eat as much as I want?
No. using the glycemic index to choose foods is only one part of healthy eating.
Healthy eating also means:
- Eating at regular times
- Choosing a variety of foods from all food groups
- Limiting sugars and sweets
- Reducing the amount of fat you eat
- Including foods high in fibre
- Limiting salt
Country of Origin: India
Customers Also Bought
No Minimum Free Shipping Specials