- Brand: L.G.
You Might Also Like
L.G. Hing Powder (Asfoetida)
Also known in India as Hing. Derived from a species of giant fennel, asafoetida has a unique smell and flavor. It is called for often in Indian cooking, primarily with legumes and dishes featuring vegetables such as cauliflower. While on its own, the smell may strike you as overpowering and somewhat unpleasant, in cooking it mellows out and produces a result similar to onion and garlic. In India this ingredient is crucial for the Jains, who do not eat root crops. Contains asafoetida microfine powder, wheat and rice flour, gum arabic. This authentic Asafoetida, or Indian Hing, is very popular throughout the world. Use sparingly, as this spice has a strong flavor and aroma. Asafoetida makes Indian and other dishes easier to digest.
Nutrition facts: Service size 1ml
- Calories 4
- Sodium 0 mg
- Total Fat 0 g
- Potassium 0 mg
- Saturated 0 g
- Total Carbs 1 g
- Polyunsaturated 0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0 g
- Monounsaturated 0 g
- Sugars 0 g
- Trans 0 g
- Protein 0 g
- Cholesterol 0 mg
- Vitamin A 0%
- Vitamin C 0%
- Iron 0%
- Calcium 0%
Benefits of asafoetida
- Asafetida is good in checking the growth of microorganism in the stomach thereby helpful in prevention of gastritis, constipation and flatulence.
- If somebody is suffering from the problems of toothache, dental caries, applying the powder of asafoetida and clove gives great relief in reducing pain immediately.
- The application from the powder of asafoetida gives relief from the pain of insect bite. It is also helpful in reducing the toxic effects as well as pain and inflammation.
- Its application is good against ringworm infection.
- Nasal insufflations of asafetida powder are very effective in acute fits.
- For disorders like halitosis and excessive salvation, it is suggested to take asafetida powder along with ginger.
- It is especially good for stomach problems such as stomach gas, intestinal gas, gastritis, flatulence, irritable bowel syndrome, and colon problems.
- It is also beneficial against convulsion and hysteria.
- Asafoetida is effective against breathing problems like bronchitis, H1N1 swine flu, asthma, whooping cough, cold, etc.
Hot to make use of asafoetida
- Asafoetida is the important species that is generally found in the kitchen. It is one of the ingredients of our kitchen cuisine.
- In South Indian foods, it helps to balance the sweet, sour, salty and spicy component of the food materials.
- Asafoetida is used as digestive aid and digestion promoter in foods.
- When it is heated with oil or ghee, gives a unique aroma that enhances the taste and flavor of the food.
- Asafoetida is used to resume the stopped menstrual periods.
- The ayurvedic herb is used as fragrance in cosmetics and ingredient flavor.
- Due to its strong flavor, asafoetida is used in curries, sauces and pickles.
Customers Also Bought